Fall 2017 Blair Crew Registration
Fall season begins on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 and continues until November 5, 2017. Water practices will take place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 3:30 to approximately 6:15 pm at Bladensburg Waterfront Park, with roundtrip bus transportation provided to and from Blair High School (estimated arrival at Blair 6:45 pm). Land practices will take place Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 4:30 pm at Blair High School (room TBA). There will also be Saturday morning water practices (9 am – noon) for which transportation is not provided. Regattas will also take place on weekends. PLEASE NOTE: all water and land practices are mandatory.
All returning and new rowers must complete the full Fall Blair Crew Registration process before they will be allowed to practice with the team.
PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THE STEPS IN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
Parents and Rowers are strongly urged to attend the following meetings:
|Rowers||3:30 pm, Tuesday
September 5, 2017
|Blair High School, Room 218|
|Parents||7:00 pm, Wednesday
September 6, 2017
|Blair High School, Room 162|
Returning rowers: Friday, September 1, 2017
New rowers: Friday, September 15, 2017
How to Register
To register for Blair Crew, parents and guardians (for rowers under 18) and all rowers must review and complete the following steps. Please use the links below to access and complete the requisite registration steps.
1. Review the Montgomery Blair Crew Rowers and Families Handbook and the Safety Manual. Novice rowers must also watch the Safety Video.
2. Complete and sign the online Blair Crew Release and Waiver of Liability. THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN FOR ALL ROWERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
3. Review the online Blair Crew Rower’s Contract, which sets forth the expectations for team behavior, including no use of alcohol or drugs. Both parents and rowers must sign a hard copy of the contract. Rowers must sign a paper copy of the form either at the rowers’ meeting or at another time prior to beginning practice.
4. Make sure that the rower has a current USRowing Basic Membership and a current and a current US Rowing Release of Liability Waiver. USRowing Memberships are good for 365 days and can be extended for another year beginning three months prior to expiration. Liability Waivers are good for each calendar year. No one can participate in regattas without a current USRowing membership and current signed waiver. For rowers under age 18, a parent or guardian must complete the waiver. There is a $7.75 fee for joining or renewing. Rowers should keep a record of their USRowing ID number and password for this and future registrations.
a. If you are a returning rower, and your membership has been renewed within the last 12 months and will be valid through November 2017, then your membership is current. If the rower participated in the Blair Crew Spring 2017 season, then a parent or guardian should have completed the 2017 USRowing liability waiver, and that also should be current. You can determine whether the membership and waiver status are current, and that you are affiliated with Montgomery Blair High School, by going to the USRowing website, going to Edit Profile under Members on the “Individuals” side of the page, then entering your USRowing ID number and password. If the membership and waiver are current and the affiliation is correct, skip to step 5. Otherwise, go to step b.
b. If you are a returning rower but your membership has not been renewed in the last 12 months and/or your parent or guardian has not executed a 2017 Calendar Year liability waiver, please update your membership and/or waiver by going to the USRowing website. First, renew the membership if it is not current or will expire during the fall season. On the “Individuals” side of the page, under Members, click on Renew/Upgrade, and enter the USRowing ID and password. If you don’t remember them, use one of the links on the Login screen. Make sure that you are affiliated with Montgomery Blair High School. If not, click the Join Organization button, enter “Montgomery Blair High School” as the organization name, and enter “GN7H6” for the club code. For membership type, select the Basic Membership. Click on Renew. On checkout, the site will ask for the $7.75 payment. Once the membership is current or if it is already current, fill out the waiver. Under Members, click on Waiver.
c. New rowers need to join USRowing and to sign the waiver. Go to https://membership.usrowing.org. On the “Individuals” side of the page, click on Join and fill out the form. For Club or Team Name, enter “Montgomery Blair” and click on the Montgomery Blair High School selection that appears. A pop-up screen will ask for the Club Code. Enter “GN7H6”. For Membership Type, select the Basic Membership. On checkout, the site will ask for the $7.75 payment. Once the membership is complete, fill out the waiver. Under Members, click on Waiver.
5. Complete all parts of the online Blair Crew Registration Form.
6. Fees and Payment. Last, but definitely not least, is the fee. The fees cover all of the rowers’ expenses except uniforms and fees for special regattas (e.g., Stotesbury Cup Regatta). Important note: Rowers who have not paid fees will not be allowed to participate in practices and regattas.
a. Fees. The fees for the Fall season for novices and varsity are $600 per rower.
b. Financial Assistance. Limited financial assistance is available. Please e-mail Carole Giunta at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
c. Uniforms. All rowers must buy new uniforms at the time of registration. Uniforms will consist of a release tank, shorts and a Blair wicking hat. Please note: all rowers will purchase a complete uniform consisting of release tank and shorts (previously purchased shorts may be used for practices). All rowers must purchase shorts as part of the uniform. The cost to purchase all three items is $95, the cost for just the release tank and shorts is $75. Lost hats will have to be replaced at full cost ($20). Please indicate uniform sizes on the registration form (Women’s S, M, L, XL and Men’s S, M, L, XL).
d. Payment Methods. Blair Crew accepts payments through PayPal. At this time, we don’t yet have a “shopping cart” feature for payment for multiple items at once, so we ask that you submit one PayPal payment for registration, and a separate one for uniforms. See PayPal links below.
e. Payment Options. Blair Crew allows payment for registration in full or installment payments.
i. Full Payment Option: $600 + the cost of uniform (either $75 or $95) due by the Registration Deadline of September 1, 2017 for returning rowers and September 15, 2017 for new rowers.
ii. Installment Payment Option: If you choose to pay in installments, you must pay via PayPal in three installments of $200 that will be charged automatically in early September, October and November. Please include the corresponding price for the uniform with your first installment.
Registration Fee Payment – Please Choose One
Uniform Fee Payment – Please Choose One
|$75 for release tank and shorts||$95 for release tank, shorts & Blair wicking hat|
f. Refund Policy. All those who previously participated with Blair Crew in a prior Fall or Spring season are not entitled to refunds, except in exceptional circumstances. New rowers may obtain a refund of the registration fee minus $25 only if they contact the Registration Coordinator in writing by September 22, 2017. Rowers who do not get a spot on the team due to oversubscription will get a full refund.
AND THAT’S IT! You are done– just make sure you have completed all steps!
Questions? Contact the Registration Coordinator: Liz Prado at email@example.com or 240-338-8977 after 7 pm. If you have problems with the forms or links please contact Michael Blain at firstname.lastname@example.org.